A little over a year ago, I began researching the Paleo diet. It seemed complicated at first, especially because most of the breakfast recipes I came across involved eggs, which I adamantly disliked. So instead, I made breakfasts like blended fruit & veggie drinks (which I call my delicious “sludge”), Paleo toast or muffins, or mmm bacon.
Fast forward to today where I now have incorporated my version of the Paleo lifestyle into my daily routine. For the first six months, I continued to avoid eggs (unless they were baked into something, like my Paleo muffins, of course), however one day after a pretty tough workout I felt that I needed a little extra protein in order to recover more quickly. I grabbed some things I had on hand, and I was blown away at what I’d created. And while I still have my sludge every morning, this eggs recipe has now become my breakfast of champions.
1/2 avocado (the less ripe, the better)
1 tablespoon homemade pesto
dash of sea salt
1) heat small pan to medium-low
2) combine eggs & pesto in a bowl; whisk
3) pour mixture into heated pan; after about 30 seconds, slowly mix with wooden spoon
4) sprinkle with salt & continue to scramble
5) once the eggs are no longer liquid, add diced avocado
6) continue to mix every now & then; cook until desired (about 3-5 mins)
Best results when made with local and organic ingredients, and while listening to Banda Magda.