Not only is today my blogversary (hurray!), it’s also the first day of Seattle Summer (and it sprinkled, of course). In honor of this special day, I am giving you all a multitude of ideas on how to toast the occasion. How sweet of me!
And since summer has (un)officially begun in the PNW, it’s time to prep and gather drink ideas and find cutesy striped straws (squee!). This is because in addition to laying out in the sun, spending time outdoors with friends, and eating copious amounts of barbecue, a cold refreshing drink is one of the uncontested highlights of summer, no matter where you find yourself. Some beverages are best accompanied by a slow evening on an old wooden porch and others should be enjoyed mid-afternoon with soft green grass between your toes.
However you pick your poison, below are some of my favorite sips for summer.
1. Grown-Up Root Beer Floats // 2. Pear & Elderflower Gin Cocktail //
3. Champagne Grapefruit Mojito // 4. Raspberry Beer Cocktail //
5. Blackberry Bramble // 6. Peach Blackberry Muddle //
7. Boozy Strawberry Lemonade Slushies // 8. Grilled Fruit Cachaça Smash //
9. Peach Mango Pineapple White Sangria // 10. Gin Daddy //
11. Minted Bourbon Sun Tea // 12. Thai ice Tea Float (non-alcoholic)
Follow the links to visit the individual recipes; the folks who write these blogs are incredibly talented and creative (even the one Martha Stewart one)!
Here’s to another year on theshipsisle. Drink up, friends!